I'm sure a lot of you are in exam hell right now, so I thought I'd share my recipe for ice cream cupcakes, helping you to procrastinate and put off revision that little bit longer. Plus, the fact that they taste amazing will surely help too!
Ingredients for the Sponge Base:
6 ounces (170 grams) Self Raising Flour
6 oz (170 grams) Caster Suger
6 oz (170 grams) Soft Margarine
1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
Baking Tray and 12 cases of your choice
2. Add the mixture to the cupcake cases. Use a table spoon to do this and it should fill 12 cases.
3. Bake in oven at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until mixture is well rised and golden.
|I added the vanilla essence to the eggs but it can be added with everything else in the processor.|
Once the sponge base has properly cooked, then we can decorate. (The fun part!)
Ingredients for the Icing and Decoration:
12 ounces (340 grams) Icing Sugar
6 ounces (170 grams) Unsalted Butter (room temperature or softened in mirco-wave for 20 seconds)
2 Tablespoons of Milk
'99' Chocolate Flakes
1. Add all ingredients to a food processor or use a hand held mixer.
2. Whilst you are blending the mixture, add 2 tablespoons of milk, and keep mixing till you have a smooth consistency.
3. Put the mixture in a piping bag.
4. Pipe the mixture onto your sponge bases.
5. Break each chocolate flake in half and stick into the icing.
6. Cover the cupcakes with chocolate sprinkles
7. EAT YOUR CUPCAKE! :)
This is a simple recipe, just follow the steps and pictures, and enjoy!
Any problems, just ask!